Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fabulous Fall on Sasserfrass Hill







With temperatures cooling down it is nice to be able to go outside and enjoy the weather. I thought I was going to die with a heat stroke several times this summer, especially when I was dressed out working in the hives.

September was busy and full of wonderful experiences.

We had a Brownie/Daisey troop come over for a field trip to learn about the bees. It was fun and they bought honey, lip balm and lotion bars.

We brought half of the sixteen hives home from the country. The bees were starving. We were surprised to find they didn't have enough food, they had to eat a lot of their fall stores. So we brought them home to feed and started their fall medicines.

We took the last of our fall honey off all our hives and our girls produced wonderful honey full of personality and color.

We have been printing and designing labels for all our products.

We are excited about getting a logo designed by Lynn Forbes. She will do a wonderful job and I can't wait to see what she comes up with.
We had several speaking engagements at garden clubs and church groups.

We are hoping for a mild winter. I had several hive freeze last winter when our temperatures dropped into the teen for several long cold weeks. I hope my girls will be strong and healthy going into my third winter.

I hope everyone has a fabulous fall.
Bee Well,
Ms Deb






No comments:

Post a Comment