Thursday, July 2, 2009
















Time is flying by. Only 182 days left till 2010. It is extremely hot and extremely dry. We have had no rain in two weeks. With little chance of any moisture for many more days. My girls are hot and a little cranky. Mr. Charlie and I went through the hives July 1 and I had three more hives with no queen and no brood. I am exasperated. We found one capped off queen cell in the pumpkin hive. Mr Charlie shook most of the bee off the frame and put the entire frame into the lime green hive that had no brood or queen. The green and the aqua hives are struggling and have no queens or brood again.
I have one giant sunflower. It is beautiful. It opened up fully yesterday. Some bug is munching down on the petals. All the bees seem to love it. I have taken a few great shots of this glowing beauty.
I am posting a few of my favorite shots.
Everyone at Sasserfrass Hill hopes you have a happy and safe 4th of July.
Bee Safe,
Deborah





No comments:

Post a Comment