Saturday, March 26, 2011

New Packages of Bee Are Here!




It seems like we have been waiting a long time for our spring bees to come in ...and they are finally here. I am getting two - three pound packages of bees on Sunday. Orders for spring bees must be in place late in the fall. Wilbank Apiaries in Claxton, GA is the original home of these south Georgia girls. I hope they will like Augusta and Sasserfrass Hill.

I lost three colonies this cold winter, they froze in a cluster in the middle of the hive with honey all around. They were too small of a cluster and the temperatures went too low and stayed cold for too long time for them to generate the heat they needed to stay warm. I was very sad.

Lee Ann gave me six brand new frames with wax foundation. I have never use them before...I have always used plastic. I will see how the girls like them.

I am off to get everything ready for the new arrivals.

Bee Well,
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment