Sunday, March 6, 2011

Hives Inspire Competiton, Color and Creativity!



Last Tuesday I had a great time talking and presenting my photos at Mid State Beekeepers meeting in Lexington, SC. They truly loved the photographs and made me feel great with applauds and lots of compliments. It was the largest crowd I had ever talked with as of yet. I was told it was all new beekeepers but after I arrived I found out most of the members had been beekeepers far longer than I. Great!! I was almost intimidated....but I just took a deep breath, relaxed and began showing one beautiful photos after another, along with some colorful commentary.

The next day I got an email saying Mid State was inspired by my colorful hives and was throwing down the gauntlet...They would not be out done by their Georgia neighbor. They were looking for the "World most Beautiful Hives". They encouraged members to send in photos of their beautiful hives and try to out do Sasserfrass Hill, which will be hard to do, but I welcome the competition.

I have always loved my colorful bee yard and it was great to have lots of positive feedback from other beekeepers. My colorful hives inspiring a contest and competition is pretty cool!!!

Rick and I went to the North/South Carolina State Spring Beekeepers meeting in North Carolina this weekend. I took a couple of workshops on candle and ornament making. It was so much fun and very informative. Virginia Web is an excellent speaker, she gave lots of tips on marketing your bee products outside the hive. I am energized and ready to market Sasserfrass Hill this year.

The old saying, things happen for a reason...is true. I am not sure why we had the big shake up on Sasserfrass Hill last month, but, I am anxious to see what will happen next.....

Bee Creative,
Deborah




























No comments:

Post a Comment